September 22 – 23, 2018
“We must awaken to the realization that when it comes to power we have choices — we can decide how we use our personal power and how we respond to the power of others.” —Wendy Palmer
Unify the body with the mind to access your more resourceful, creative, and empowered self.
Wendy Palmer draws on the traditions of mindfulness and Aikido, a modern Japanese martial art that’s often translated as “The way of harmonizing the spirit.”
Often our mind understands what is needed to take more powerful action and yet we are not able to do what we so clearly understand. Under stress the body always wins. To live in our power, the body needs to experience a way of being that is open, warm, and inclusive in the face of daily challenges.
When the mind and the body are in harmony with each other, we don’t have to hold back or tamp down who we are, what we think, or how we feel. We can move through our lives with more agency, purpose, and joy.
In this two-day workshop we are awakening to both our Personal Power and Social Power.
Personal Power is the ability to access our full potential and embody resources of confidence, compassion, creativity, and innovation.
What you will learn about Personal Power:
- The ways you might be keeping yourself small and how to “expand” yourself out of your comfort zone
- Principles from martial arts and mindfulness to help activate your own unique power and meet your daily challenges
- Methods for centering yourself while under pressure
- Practices to unify the body with the mind — so you can live a more fearless, confident, and optimistic life
Social power is the ability to influence others to take desired action.
What you will learn about Social Power:
- Ways to become more effective at communicating and becoming a positive influence in in community and social situations
- How to speak as your true self when you take a stand — and draw on your personal power to assert what you believe is true
- Methods to increase your clarity and commitment to the endeavor you choose
- How changing the ways you sit and stand can change the way you think and speak — and improve your ability to command a situation
Join Wendy and learn how accessing the power of your body’s wisdom can allow you to make a greater impact in your own life and in the world around you.
Wendy Palmer is the founder of Leadership Embodiment, a process that integrates mindfulness with principles from the Japanese martial art of Aikido to offer simple tools and practices to increase creativity and resilience in leaders. She has worked with executive teams and individuals at Twitter, Genentech, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, The Gap, NASA, Salesforce.com, McKinsey & Co, Oracle, Unilever, the BBC, and Daimler Chrysler Group; holds a sixth degree black belt in Aikido; and has practiced mindfulness for 45 years. She is the author of three books: Leadership Embodiment, The Intuitive Body, and The Practice of Freedom.